[mythtv-users] Can I play a nuv file on a non-myth computer

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 06:36:50 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, Sim <simon.hampton at freebel.net> wrote:
> I have a problem that DVDs and myth recordings have jerky feedback.  I'd like
> to check that the recordings are perfect even if playback is a problem

Assuming the other computer has MPEG2 playback codecs and the nuv file
comes from either DVB or was recorded by an ivtv capture card, you
should be able to play them (they are essentially MPEG2 files renamed
to nuv). If the file was recorded by a non-hardware card, I'm not sure
you can (I've never tried with non DVB/ivtv files) unless the other
system can play Nuppelvideo files.

Nick