[mythtv-users] Re: Fast Fowarding Lines in captured video?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:20:06 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Ian Trider <iantri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe better worded as Horizontal Control Lines.  The lines stretch
> > across my screen from left to right and 'wobble' up and down, giving
> > the fast-foward appearance and cutting out audio.  The TV is a new
> > Samsung DLP 61" monitor, works great normally, displays HD
> > beautifully, it's just the mpeg4 recordings done with a WinTV Go card
> > (a bt8x variety, not a PVR).  I am really leaning towards a channel
> > error, but how do I fix it?
>
> Hm, I'm guessing you probably can't mail a clip to the list
> (attachments are probably stripped due to the bandwidth demands of
> remailing large files to all members), but send the clip to my gmail
> address and I'll take a look at it (and/or post it up on the web if I
> don't know what's going on so others can have a crack at it).
>
> --
> Ian Trider
> iantri at gmail.com
>
> MSN:     iantri at gmx.net (preferred)
> ICQ:     34119829
> Y!, AIM: iantri1

It does seem I can't post the files to the list, so I'll host them for
a while.

http://curvins.com/myth/

Or direct links to the 2:
http://curvins.com/myth/ffwd-lines-5MB.avi
http://curvins.com/myth/ffwd-lines-end-5MB.avi

If anyone can offer any feedback, it would be much appreciated.  I
have ruled out a single channel, the clip is from DragonBall Z (my
brother loves the show :) ) recorded from Cartoon Network.  So it's
SpikeTV and Cartoon Network so far, I don't record much else, but it
would seem to not be a channel issue at this point.

There are 2 clips to demonstrate 2 things:

ffwd-lines is just the lines.  ffwd-lines-end is where it transitions
from lines into viewable video.  These are nuv's, I used mencoder -oac
copy -ovc copy and just renamed them to avi's

I can't offer a full download really, it would kill my bandwidth way
too much.  But if someone feels they need more to work with, contact
me and I will do what I can.

Thanks again!

Chad