[mythtv-users] Mythstream parsers

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:04:11 UTC 2005

> All contributions welcome!!
>
> I've not played with streams.res - I just edit stuff into the setup
> screen. I assume that ends up in the database rather than a flat file...
>
> At least the shoutcast stuff I'm using (with shoutcast.pl) is getting good
> results by searching on genre, ordering by the number of listeners and
> listing 100 stations that I can scroll down. This is an example of a URL I
> harvest for links:
> http://www.shoutcast.com?s=blues&orderby=listeners&numresult=100
>
> I've tried parsing the text-mode links on the BBC site but no luck so far
> (assembler & C I can cope with but not perl!!)

Below are some other links from my streams.res file you may find
useful - some of them are for BBC. You have to install ethereal to
analyse the streams sometimes to see what the actual URL is to get the
stream to work - here's a link on how to do it -
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2832&highlight=

[item]
News
BBC World Service
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live_news_au_nb.asx
[emptystring]
[emptystring]

[item]
News
BBC Radio 4 LW
rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk:554/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4lw_dsat_g2_1.ra
Mono broadcast
[emptystring]

[item]
News
BBC Radio 4
rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk:554/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4_dsat_g2.ra
Stereo broadcast
[emptystring]

[item]
Video Streams
Bloomberg UK
mms://media2.bloomberg.com/btv_uknb.asf
Bloomberg Financial News
[emptystring]

[item]
Video Streams
TV Gold
http://grace.fast-serv.com:9138/listen.pls
Classic British TV streaming all day on the Internet
[emptystring]

[item]
Video Streams
Apple Movie Trailers
http://127.0.0.1/applemythstream.html?http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml
Movie Trailers from Apple
apple

If you have some good video links to share I'd be interested in seeing them.

Regards,
Phill