[mythtv-users] New MythDora v1.4

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Aug 18 14:27:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:51:10 -0700, Geoff Scott wrote:

>On 8/17/05, Dennis Hand <4hands at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> >I have downloaded and installed MythDora 1.4, but when rebooting I get the
>> >error :
>>
>> >"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
>> >kernel."
>> Uh no, this is not a typical error. I've never had or seen this one before. How did
>> you install, Custom or Auto? Was this from HTTP or Bittorent?

This sounds like there is no initrd.img file or the symbolic link
initrd.img points to as non-existant image. The clue is the 'try passing'
error advice. I would expect this if you did your own kernel install and
forgot to re-run Lilo or did not run mkinitrd and amend grub.conf.

But AIUI the initrd.img can be basically any old image. It is only used to
grab the actual kernel from the hard drive...

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638