[mythtv-users] no audio in dvdauthor step

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:18:08 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, Felix <mythtv at ymhee-bcex.net> wrote:

> I tried both ProjectX and MythBurn (including just running mythtvburn.sh
> script) and I have the same problem: dvdauthor produces nothing in AUDIO
> directory, and as result no sound. The xyz.mpg (above) is absolutely
> fine, that is with sound and video and excellent quality. Mythtvburn is
> more complex sequence (since it generates XML for dvdauthor that
> includes menus, etc) - but the actual file after "bringing the streams
> back together" that goes into dvdauthor has all the sounds as well.
>
> I have FC4, ProjectX 0.82, dvdauthor 0.6.11
> mjpegtools mplex-2 version 1.6.3-rc1 (2.2.3)
>
> I think I am so-so close, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is the problem that the resulting file contains no audio track at all,
or is it that the audio track is present but silent. I have many DVB
recordings which contain 2 audio tracks of which one is silent, which
could explain the problem you're having. Does ProjectX demux more than
1 audio track?

Nick