[mythtv-users] transcoded nuv/mpeg4: really mpeg4?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:26:35 UTC 2005

>> It's part of the nuv container.
>
> Is being able to store timestamps the only thing (assuming one were not
> interested in the other NUV features) that prevents a simple container
> conversion or am I again simplifying it too much and should stop beating
> a dead horse?

 	There *are* simple container conversions.  For example, mplayer
-ovc copy -aoc copy will copy streams and can be set to different output
formats.  For nuv->avi re-wrapping, 'nuv2avi' exists.  Last time I looked
at it, though, the sync issue was still present.

 	I thought that AVI had some sync index at the end of the file...
or is that just indexing?  Is there a more cross-platform-friendly
container that *does* allow for MPEG4-encoded data with timestamps?

-Cory