[mythtv-users] volume problem

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Aug 19 13:44:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 06:06:49PM +0900, George Nassas wrote:
>  Output device is an SD TV. Not all programs exhibit
> the behaviour and I haven't noticed a pattern for which ones do since I
> figured it was the inexorable march of time catching up with me.

I've seen this behavior on my TV connected directly to cable.  Some
stations (PBS is a repeat offender) and/or shows just have really bad
audio levels and there's not much you can do except complain to the
cable company.  One hint at where the problem is occurring is the scope
of the commercials.  If you get loud commercials that appear to target
your location (inserts) then the local cable company is probably at
fault.  If the ads are national or target a remote location (such as
with "superstations") then the source network is probably at fault.