[mythtv-users] Found an Awesome Remote

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Aug 19 16:12:42 UTC 2005

David Ellis wrote:

>In my experience the IR Strength is plenty good on these, I've successfully
>turned components on/off with a two wall bounce.......
>
>David
>PS. Your right - its still cheaper than a Pronto.

I wish this thing was RF!  Why don't they make high end remotes use high
power RF?  None of this wireless mouse strength crap either.  I want to
be able to control my stereo from beside the pool without a system of
mirrors.  The Dish Network PVR501 had a FANTASTIC remote.  RF & IR in
one device.  Great range, too good actually.  Me and a few neighbors had
to gang together and assign each other different remote IDs (remote
offers 12) to keep from changing channels of a unit 3 houses away.  (But
the remote is they only good thing I have to say about Dish Network.)

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.