[Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] Redhat 9]

David Erickson erickson+mythtv at mddsg.com
Fri Aug 19 18:17:48 UTC 2005

Geee.. maybe i'm safe right where i am at ;-)

hehe  I actually was considering building a new box in a shuttle PC or
something smaller/quieter more compact than I am using currently to be on
the safe side.. but then that costs more money ;-)

Dave

> Don't laugh, but I tried that earlier this week and ran into issues
there, too.  The ivtv drivers for FC4 *refuse* to recognize my Hauppauge
250s correctly.  It insists they are 150s.  I could live with that if
they were just misnamed, but worked.  However, I could not get them to
work.  I searched for an answer, but to no avail.  I tried the 3.x
drivers, but no dice.

> So...FC1 was too old, and FC4 was too new.  I'm hoping the "middle
bear's" FC3 will fit just right.  If not I will probably have to cry,
because .16 was working fine for me (I wanted to upgrade for better HDTV
support, but SD was flawless).

> Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> Zak wrote:
>>
>>> Not a direct answer, but I just tried to upgrade from .16->.18.1 on
FC1 last week, and it didn't work (mythplugins error).  Point being,
even if you were on Fedora, you might still have issues.  I couldn't
find an answer, so I'm installing FC3+.18.1 this week.  That said, I
am doing everything via ATrpms and don't want to build anything
myself.  I might have been able to fix it with a kernel upgrade, but,
frankly, I'm a neophyte at best.