[mythtv-users] Proper Xorg configuration

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:32:02 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Dag Nygren <dag at newtech.fi> wrote:

> Short question:
>
> What is the fastest/recommended configuration of your
> frontend X-server ?
>
> I see a CPU-load of about 50% on my Athlon 2000+ and
> think this is too much and I have something wrong in the config.
Dag,

Do you know if you're using XV support on your video card? If you're
not using video acceleration ('xvinfo' at the prompt will tell you I
think) your CPU usage will be increased. What video card and drivers
are you using?

Also, is this CPU load during MythTV (what format are your shows
recorded in?) playback or other video playback such as MythVideo in
mplayer or xine?

Nick