[mythtv-users] PVR 350, record from VCR

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:37:30 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Erik Pettersen <pettersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I 2nd the use svideo/composite over coax line of thinking (even if it
> means swapping back and forth with your DTV STB cables each time)
>
> I've got think you'll have an easier time doing this with some sort of
> simple command line capture tool to the desired directory than trying
> to do it within MythTV (as a manual recording), but i'm not trying to
> promote hereasy =P It's probably 6 to one 1/2 dozen to the other
> *shrug*

I did this with some old VHS tapes I have.
Just connect your vcr to the composite (most VCRs don't have svid) and
audio input on the capture card.  Then use ivtvctl to setup the
capture card, and then just use cat to dump the tape to a file.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.