[mythtv-users] Barebone myth tv nodes?

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sat Aug 20 20:04:35 UTC 2005

I really like the Digimatrix - the barebones can be had on ebay for about
300$ USD.

The basic Digimatrix includes the following:
- Sis based Video (support for XV) with Composite, RCA, SVHS, VGA, and DVI
out.
- Remote Control, and IR Receiver
- LCD Display (Basic - shows Time and Status - no customizable text).
- Support for P4, HD, and DDR Ram
- Built in TV Tuner (SAA7134)
- Gigabit, and 10/100 Ethernet
- 802.11b WiFi (Linux Compatible - too slow for streaming Video)
- Radio Tuner (Now operable via Linux)
- Super Slim/Sexy Form Factor.
- Compact Flash/SD/MMC etc Card Reader
- SPDIF Out
- DVD/CD Reader
- USB2.0 & Firewire Ports (front and back)

To get it running you'll need to add a P4 Processor (400mhz Bus, Max 2.4Ghz)
a Hard Drive (of you want local booting), and some DDR PC2100 Memory.

I'm running this as a front-end in my bedroom without issue, good video,
slim form factor, nice remote. Now that its considered obsolete its
reasonably priced as a front-end and has a good feature matrix. This is not
good as a backend (no PCI Slots), but an excellent front-end.

The following is a link to an ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-ASUS-DiGiMatrix-Barebone-Digital-Entertainment-PC-f_W
0QQitemZ6793444095QQcategoryZ44943QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And this is a link to setting it up for MythTV:

http://asusfan.linux-site.net/

Regards,

David