[mythtv-users] Problems running Myth - segfault starting liveTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 21 03:58:56 UTC 2005

On 08/20/05 23:48, Blastzone wrote:

>As I continue playing with the system, it appears that it records OK,
>but will segfault in the same way when playing a prerecorded show.
>
>I can do a cat from /dev/video0 to a temp file, load that into the
>video library and watch it.
>I can import an mpg from the internet and watch it through the video library
>I told myth to record directly into the video library and can watch it
>through there.
>
>So, I know the card is good.  What is different between watching 'live
>tv' / 'prerecorded tv' and the mpgs?

Watching Live TV/Recordings uses Myth's internal player.

Watching videos through MythVideo uses an external player (by default
MPlayer, but you can change it to use xine or whatever).  Note that you
can specify the player "Internal" to use Myth's internal player for
MythVideo.

So, basically, it means your Myth is configured wrong, but your external
video player (probably MPlayer) is configured right.

Mike