[mythtv-users] Using MythMusic

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 15:10:54 UTC 2005

I find the best way to handle music sorting is to do it yourself --
i.e. ignoring ID3 tags and setting the sorting method to directory.

This does mean that you have to set up your directory structure the
way you want it and put the files in manually, but in the end it's
much easier to keep track of what songs are where.

The easiest way is to build your dir tree as
~/music/genre/artist/album/01_track.ogg. With the directory sorting
option enabled, browsing the music directory from inside Mythmusic
gives you the ability to select whole genres, or any number of
artists, ablums, and/or individual tracks.

As far as the remote goes, I use the grey Hauppage remote. By default,
(at least following Jarod's guide) the blue button skips forward a
song, the yellow button skips back a song. I don't know about FF/REW,
but I don't use them anyway. To make navigating easier (I've got a LOT
of songs on my box) I remapped the yellow button to PgDn, and the red
button (usually Exit) to PgUp. The lirc config file is in
/home/mythuser/.mythtv/.

I can send you more details if you need them, but I'm nowhere near the
box right now.

Good luck