[mythtv-users] Fusion HDTV DVB-T Plus card and Fedora Core 4??

Dario Mratovich dario.mratovich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 15:58:09 UTC 2005

Hi Buzz

I'm running mythtv on Fedora Core 4 (2.6.12-1.1398_FC4) with a DVICO
FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus and it's working well.

I can't really tell what's wrong in your case from your logs (I have
no idea why mythfrontend would be segfaulting) - maybe something has
changed in the current SVN version that's introduced a bug or is
unstable?

All I can tell you is that in my case, I installed mythtv-suite from
ATRPMs and it worked perfectly with my DVB card. Note: with FC4 and
kernel 2.6.12 I didn't need to apply Chris Pascoe's driver patch (the
kernel already had built-in support for the FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus).

I did have issues with Live TV hanging with a black screen because I
hadn't set up a starting channel in mythtvsetup.

I'm still a newb in the myth/Linux world, but I found that FC4 was a
whole lot easier to get going than FC3 with this card. I didn't have
have to patch the drivers and the remote was easier to get to work
with lirc using lirc 0.7.1 (I had problems with the FC3 and lirc
0.7.0).

I used combinations of Jarod's How-To
(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php), Jani's FusionHDTV guide
(http://www.users.on.net/~jani/dvico-mythtv.html) and a guide I bumped
into on this list
(http://bjblaster.com/projects/mythtv_box/index.htm). They're all
geared around FC3 and a little outdated, but I managed to pick the
relevant bits from each of them and with a bit of trial and error got
it all running.

I'm probably telling you things you already know, but I hope it's of some help.

Cheers

Dario