[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 250 IR Remote Functional Everywhere but Mythtv

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 18:30:33 UTC 2005

The irw program doesn't interact with your .lircrc
file at all.  It just displays the name of the button
as defined in /etc/lircd.conf.

Are you running mythfrontend as root?  If not, then
that's likely why things aren't working.  I notice
that you're looking at the file in /root/.mythtv, but
if you're running mythtv as user "mythtv", which most
people do, then it won't work.

-- Joe