[mythtv-users] Card recommendation request and cable question.

Zak onlydarksets at mahshie.net
Mon Aug 22 14:54:11 UTC 2005

You have several options for the video:
1. Get a VGA->component/composite/S-Video converter (e.g., Audio
Authority).
2. Purchase a video card with S-Video out.
3. Purchase a capture card with S-Video out (e.g., PVR-350).
4. Purchase a TV w/ DVI or VGA inputs.

For the sound, yes, you need to pass audio to your TV or stereo.  You
can simply use the line-out from your sound card, or you can configure
S/PDIF if your sound card (and stereo) supports it.