[mythtv-users] Happauge PVR-500 Linux Support Feedback

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Mon Aug 22 17:26:03 UTC 2005

Ernie Lim wrote:

> [...]

The extra header came with mine too.  I ordered it from newegg just 2
weeks ago.

The only thing the 2x150 solution offers (ignoring the IR blaster
issue.) that the 500 can't is receiving two different RF feeds.  eg:
analog cable on one, terrestrial antennae on the other.  But this is not
your need if you are talking about cable boxes.  You will certainly want
to use the extra header for the S-Video input.  (If you are limited by a
SFF design, you can Dremel the guts of the header into your case.)

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.