[mythtv-users] Found an Awesome Remote

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Mon Aug 22 17:50:02 UTC 2005

>>>every RF remote i've ever seen can only be used with its own specific
>>>RF
>>>equipment, so you won't find one to control your keyboard i dont
>>>think.
>>>
>>>As far as good IR/RF remotes go, one for all makes a very good one for
>>>resonable price
>>>
>>>http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC%209910
>>>
>>>got it at fry's for $50, and it comes with the basestation. it's a
>>>very
>>>large remote, but it has full learning, macros, and a small lcd
>>>display.
>>>works out by the pool just fine.

What do you figure the range is with this.  I have an ATI remote wonder
and I need to wave it around looking for a signal to control my mythtv
server even in the same room.  I'm looking for a better remote, but it
has to be able to go 75 feet though walls and work all of the time.  Do
you think this unit will do that?

schu