[mythtv-users] HOW CAN THIS BE THIS HARD!?!?!?! (adding 2 files to a bootable iso)

Rod Rod at Rods.id.au
Tue Aug 23 07:53:45 UTC 2005

Martin Ebourne wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:26:17 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>

>>Using nothing but Linux I must modify the iso to add 2 files and then
>>burn.  I have 1 CD-RW to do this with.  I've tried for HOURS to find a
>>solution!!!  How can this be this hard?
>>

>http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml#biosdisk
>
>Doesn't even need a cd drive - the generated image can be booted directly
>from grub off the hardisk.
>
>Great for machines have neither cd nor floppy, and even those that do. And
>it's not dell specific. I use it on all my machines.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Martin.

    Question, if you don't have a CD drive how do you get the ISO from
the CD onto the HD?

    To answer the other question, have you looked at mounting a "loop
device" ?

http://people.debian.org/~psg/ddg/node159.html