[mythtv-users] This is dumb

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 15:44:13 UTC 2005

Try checking the load order of things.  I was bitten
by this last night (a fresh install), and didn't
realize it until I had about five non-existant
recordings.

It seems to be important that the ivtv drivers are
loaded before mythbackend is started (which makes
sense, I suppose).  Jarod's HOWTO for FC3 has a patch
to rc.sysinit (I think that's the file) that makes
sure this happens.

If the ivtv modules are loaded after mythbackend
starts, then I get the same messages as you, and only
about five seconds of LiveTV before it dies.

-- Joe