[mythtv-users] DVB-T playback stuttering on 18.1

Kevin Barsby kevin.barsby at hummingbird-it.com
Tue Aug 23 11:45:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have the following config:
EPIA M10000
Gentoo (kernel 2.6.13)
Unichrome X with DRI and viaXvMC working
Avermedia 771 DVB-T card.

It's almost working well. On about 40% of channels either watching the
DVB stream live or playing back recording, it stutters, both audio and
video. I've widdled the aerial, to try and improve the signal, and
interestingly lost BBC2 to the stuttering problem too.

A signal problem I hear you say, well possibly, the kicker is if I watch
the stream using xine (with unichrome plugin) the stream plays ok, so do
recordings that stutter under myth. One thing to note is that Xine does
stop every few minutes to rebuffer the stream, which may indicate a
signal problem.

I have also tried a signal booster which didn't make any difference.

Has anyone seen this problem? It occurs on the same channels basically
making them unwatchable, the problem is still there whether I run the
via HW decoder or not too.

Thanks
Kevin