[mythtv-users] No video playback - LiveTV or recordings (hints pls!)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:20:35 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, Andrew Codrington <acodring at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Update for those hanging on the edge of their seats...
>
> The "no video" issue was related to xorg.conf settings. Tweaked settings based on some samples
> google found for me and things improved.
>
> Video works now, but faces are blue...
> Color is fine for the X display, it's just video that's wrong - both mythtv and mplayer have the
> same color problem.

Could be needing to use xvattr to modify some XV settings.

> For what it's worth, I'm using an ATI RADEON 9200SE with fglrx driver 6.8.0-8.8.25-0ubuntu11.
> Any recommendations towards trying GATOS driver? I have no monitor attached to this machine, I run
> X (and mythtv) on the TV-out.

I'm using a ATI 9100IGP TV-Out with no problems, using the 8.12.10
drivers. Not sure about the level of TV-Out support in Gatos for the
newer (post 8500) ATI chips.

> Still getting complaints about ALSA support not compiled in but /dev/dsp seems to work smoothly,
> as long as I'm not using "-v all" settings for mythbackend and mythfrontend. With the verbose
> settings audio gets choppy. I'll leave that battle until I get color sorted out.

/dev/dsp is not an ALSA device but OSS (along with /dev/miser), so it
would probably work even if ALSA wasn't installed.

Nick