[mythtv-users] Re: Myth having problems communicating across master/slave backends

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:48:16 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/24/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you sure you have the SBE configured correctly? I don't think it
> > > should work on its own (without communicating with the SBE), as it
> > > should be using the MBE Database to store/retrieve data. mysqld should
> > > not be running on the SBE
> >
> > true.
> >
> > > nor should any capture cards be defined in
> > > the SBE setup. This should all be done when the SBE has connected to
> > > the MBE, and mythtvsetup is run on the MBE to add the capture cards
> > > available on the SBE machine.
> >
> > false.
>
> Apologies Isaac and Chad - I honestly meant video sources on the MBE.
> Configure the physical capture devices on the SBE. Then connect them
> to the appropriate video sources defined on the MBE.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thank you for your replies!

I can only guess I borked something on the slave when I installed my
pchdtv 3000 a while back.  The database actually resides on another
machine not running myth at all, but I do need mysql on the slave for
other purposes as it's not just a myth box, so it is running, but the
database is being accessed correctly as far as I can tell.

I'll try dropping all the data on the slave, uninstalling,
reinstalling, and re-configuring myth and see how that goes.  If it
works, I'll post back with success, if not, I'll see if I can give
more information.

In the mean time, if anyone has any additional ideas, I'm open.

Thanks!