[mythtv-users] Digital Foxtel Integration (Australia)

Martin Conway martin.conway at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 02:03:49 UTC 2005

Hi Barry

I have been using MythTV with Foxtel for a couple of years. I had no
trouble controlling the old "analogue" set top box with a simple
serial port home brew ir blaster and lirc, but no matter what I tried
I couldn't get lirc to learn the codes for the new pace digital box.

Things may have moved on from then and the codes may be downloadable
off the net by now, but being unable to live without MythTV for too
long I came up with a workaround. I built a buffer/opamp based circuit
to simulate button presses on a cheap jaycar learning remote, which
had no trouble learning the foxtel digital codes. This is controlled
by the parralell port of my backend server.

Sorry I don't have a more helpful answer for you, maybe someone else will.

Martin