[mythtv-users] Digital Foxtel Integration (Australia)

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 25 05:53:25 UTC 2005

Hi Barry,

On 25/8/05 9:17 AM, "Barry Hee" <barryhee at gmail.com> wrote:

> After searching the forums I am unsure of the following aspects
> regarding IR transmission. ie controlling the Pace DC420 STB via LIRC.
> I did find a product from IRTrans (www.irtrans.de/en/) which seems
> exactly what I am after as it states that it controls Pace STBs
> although its expensive at 99 Euros.

You don't need the IRTrans, you can build an IR blaster using parts from
Dick Smith Electronics following the schematic here:
http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html

The first simple transmitter is what I built. Then you stick that on the
front of the Foxtel box.

You need the remote codes for LIRC, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/mythtv/lirc/

And a channel change script, which is fairly simple with a couple of caveats
-- you should send the SKY button (FOXTEL button) twice and do a short wait
before changing the channels. (This makes sure the box is switched on and
not in any menus or active services.) Add a wait at the end and set the
Foxtel box's Banner Timeout to 1 second in the Picture Settings menu as
well.

> Has anybody been successfully in controlling the Pace STB via some
> IRBlaster? (homebrew or retail product).
Very successful -- the homebrew above.

> Also does the retail version
> of the PVR 150 contain an IRBlaster as it does in the US?

I don't know, but as a side note I'm very happy so far with my PVR150MCE.

Hope this helps.

Joshua King