[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 08:00:56 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Brett Grice <badluck_boy at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Personally I don't use a Window manager with mythtv,
>
> When I started playing with mythtv I tried most of the
> window mangers to see which performed best.
>
> My order of preference after testing quite a lot of
> different wm's with myth :-
>
> 1. No window Manager (Difficult to get working
> properly but I find the most stable.)

And you can't go into "maintenance mode" where you exit the frontend
and open an xterm or setup.

> 2. fvwm2

This is what I use too, with minimal configuration it is very
lightweight, and it can be configured to launch xterm, setup,
mythfilldatabase, or frontend, with just keypresses (if you have a
wireless keyboard connected). You can probably configure it to accept
remote commands using irexec too.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com