[mythtv-users] Mythvideo & Mythmusic database

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby2 at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 25 08:37:09 UTC 2005

Hi.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask this, so here goes:

Is there a way of having common video & music database entries for all
frontends, as opposed to each machine having its own playlists & video
lists etc?

I have my music & videos stored on the backend machine, which is shared
with NFS to everything else on the network.

I sometimes use the backend machine for playing music in my computer
room & I've set up playlists there.  But obviously when I go downstairs
the playlists aren't available on that frontend.

I know I can go into the video or playlist tables & copy or edit the
entries to change the hostname association, but is there a 'wildcard' I
can use in the table so a playlist (or video list) will show on more
than one machine?  If not a wildcard, then a general setting to change
to have 'public' lists rather than 'per-machine'....

Thanks in advance
Jus.