[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:41:56 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Martin Bene <martin.bene at icomedias.com> wrote:
> > In other words: older (pre 1998) European DVD's probably
> > don't include AC-3....
>
> > Please, please, PLEASE remember that the US of A isn't the
> > ONLY country in the world (no offence intended Matt).
>
> I hope to include optional audio conversion in the next mythburn tarball
> this weekend. I'd expect it to be used for createing NTSC DVDs; as
> stated above, PAL Players must support mpeg2 audio, with ac3 optional
> while for NTSC it's the other way round.
>
> Bye, Martin

All:

I'm running Fedora Core 4 and I've better success with Martin's
scripts on Mythburn than I've had with anything prior to this, but I'm
running into a problem on ProjectX.  I get the following error when I
try to run ProjectX:

java -jar ProjectX.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initState
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkGraphics2D.initState(int[], int, int)
(/usr/lib/lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkGraphics2D.GdkGraphics2D(java.awt.image.BufferedImage)
(/usr/lib/lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkGraphicsEnvironment.createGraphics(java.awt.image.BufferedImage)
(/usr/lib/lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.so.6.0.0)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createGraphics() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.subtitle.SubPicture$Picture.SubPicture$Picture(net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.subtitle.SubPicture)
(Unknown Source)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.subtitle.SubPicture.SubPicture()
(Unknown Source)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.common.X.<clinit>() (Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean,
java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

I've researched this on Google and the only thing I can find is an
obscure reference to setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH value to the path to
the file that java/ProjectX is looking for.  The problem is, I can't
seem to figure out what java/ProjectX is looking for.  I'm running Red
Hat's java libraries, version 1.4.2.  Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

George