[mythtv-users] Confusion about transcoding, Nuvexport / ffmpeg / mythtranscode

Matt Mousseau matt at amsvans.com
Thu Aug 25 15:56:18 UTC 2005

My system (will) use moto 6200's w/fire wire inputs... Sooo

The transcoding is to save space.

Basically, I'm get my system to:
1. Record the program (basically just dump the mpeg stream from the
firewire to disk if I'm not mistaken)
2. Wait till I flag the commercials
3. Transcode to xvid, divx, or whatever (cutting commercials) (hopefully
would start automatically once commercials flagged)
4. Move the newly transcoded file to /mythtvArchive (on a separate raid
set)
5. Create a symlink in the /mythRecordings to the transcoded file in
/mythArchive

Am I crazy?

Matthew Mousseau
AMSVans, Inc. Webmaster