[mythtv-users] Network control?

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Fri Aug 26 02:10:59 UTC 2005

I had a brainstorm the other day, and didn't notice any mention of it
in the archives.

Has anyone thought of controlling a tv over the network, like through Mythweb?

My wife and I have 3 kids and we both work at home.  The Myth box is
in our bedroom.  The kids are constantly interrupting us asking us to
let them watch some show or another.  While we don't mind them
watching Dora the Explorer or Tom & Jerry, it's a bit of a pain
getting up and going to the bedroom to start the show. (They aren't
allowed access to the keyboard or the [currently non-working] remote
control after almost breaking them about a month ago.)  So I got to
wondering if there was some way for us to start the show from our
desks, or if we're kind of stuck getting up and running to the
bedroom every couple of hours or so.

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard