[mythtv-users] Mythvideo & Mythmusic database

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 08:06:03 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby2 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask this, so here goes:
>
> Is there a way of having common video & music database entries for all
> frontends, as opposed to each machine having its own playlists & video
> lists etc?
>
> I have my music & videos stored on the backend machine, which is shared
> with NFS to everything else on the network.
>
> I sometimes use the backend machine for playing music in my computer
> room & I've set up playlists there.  But obviously when I go downstairs
> the playlists aren't available on that frontend.
>
> I know I can go into the video or playlist tables & copy or edit the
> entries to change the hostname association, but is there a 'wildcard' I
> can use in the table so a playlist (or video list) will show on more
> than one machine?  If not a wildcard, then a general setting to change
> to have 'public' lists rather than 'per-machine'....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jus.

Looking at the musicplaylist table, the hostname field can be NULL, so
I was wondering whether you have tried leaving it blank instead of
changing it to the name of your 'current' frontend wanting to access
it.

I imagine you have already managed to get your frontend to
successfully connect to the backend due to the fact you state the
playlist works on the other machine by changing the hostname entry in
the musicplaylist table...

Nick