[mythtv-users] Methods for perfecting NVidia TV Output (was 350 Tv Out vs. Nvidia 5200)

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 09:18:28 UTC 2005

Since this has become a topic of much interest, I thought I would start a
seperate thread on it.  It seems that quite a few of us are seeking methods
to make the picture quality of our NVida cards better for recordings and just
in general.  I would like to ask those who believe they have a good picture
what settings they use, such as:

1) Any specific Xorg modelines or settings?
2) Any adjustments to nvidia-settings such as the flicker filter, sharpness,
etc
3) X display resolution
4) Capture resolution, bitrate, etc
5) De-interlacing methods and other filters, if any
6) Output method of choice (S-Video, Composite, etc)
7) Specific video card

I know that I and many others would GREATLY appreciate some setups that you
all are using.  I personally am also interested in what kinds of setups the
devs are using, if any are still using SD configurations.

Thanks,

~Lou