[mythtv-users] OT: Mirroring a sql database

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 06:43:00 UTC 2005

Yes, you can copy the files, but to make sure you don't corrupt the
database as well as get the latest changes to the database you'd have
to shut down mysql in order to copy the files.

The better way would be to read up on replication. Setting up the one
on your windows machine to be a slave to your myth box.