[mythtv-users] Recommended GUI dimensions/setup to deal with overscan @ 1920x1080i

Dan Christian dac at x.cx
Sun Aug 28 03:44:23 UTC 2005

I've never gotten a usable 1080i display mode working.  I can get it to come
up, but the interlacing isn't happening right.  Everything seems to jump
up-down every frame.  I'd love any info if you get it working.

The one usefull thing I heard about dealing with overscan is to open the
window to a specific size and offset (i.e. not full screen).  This is still a
bit hack, since the video expects overscan but the menu system doesn't.

By the way, the overscan settings for my NVIDIA 6600GT card had no effect at
HDTV resolutions.

-Dan