[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Debian...

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Sun Aug 28 09:48:15 UTC 2005

    John> I find that if I add the above location plus:

    John> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

    John> to my sources.list on a Sarge system then it all works fine.
    John> What exact problems are you having?

A number of packages won't install on sarge, because it looks like
they were compiled on sid.

These packages include: mythdvd, mythmusic, mythvideo, mythweather,
transcode.

From memory, Debian source code is also available on the above link,
so the best solution probably would be to recompile it for sarge.

(it would be nice if somebody could do this and make the results
available... <grin>)

However, the basic mythtv works fine for me. It looks like it was
compiled against the correct libraries for sarge.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>