[mythtv-users] Pundit-R & Myth notes

Blastzone blastzone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:53:49 UTC 2005

I'm expecting good HD playback, once I get to that point, but since there's
no HD source around here, I'm not working on that too hard. It will probably
work the system pretty hard, but it's a dedicated box.

As for fitting the cards in the case, yes, you can, provided you're patient
and don't mind bending some metal. The PVR-250 was actually harder, it's
about 2mil taller than the HD3000. I also had problems with the solder
points on the PVR touching the HD tuner (or the other way 'round), which
dictated which card went in which slot.

Finally, I did end up having to bend out the little metal tab on the chassis
that clips to the card carrier, as it would not fit with the PVR. A minor
adjustment that makes the final finish a little less-than-perfect, but it's
hidden behind the case. I also had to file out space for the coax
connectors, as they were touching the chassis, and due to the length of the
barrel on the HD card, I couldn't get a good antenna connection. The PVR has
a huge barrel, and that's not a problem.