[mythtv-users] Hardware Recommandation

Joachim Schwarzhorn schwarzhorn at gmx.de
Mon Aug 29 17:19:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I´m new to this mailing list. I´ve been reading a few days and also
tried to find some information otherwise. I want to build a mediacenter
in near future.

I want to record TV-shows or films and perhaps radio shows. (Film
Editing probably will be done on another machine).
Live TV is not necessary, playback of DVDs is not a must but a nice feature.
The system will be a relacement for a VHS-Recorder and I hope it will be
very silent and energy saving.

I was thinking about the following hardware for MythTV:

Motherboard Via Epia SP8000 (fanless and with TV-out on board including
MPEG2 decoder)
Hauppaugge PVR 350 or PVR500
Harddisk Samsung about 200GB 5400rpm
Network Connection to Main machine

Is anyone using such or a similiar system. Is this system powerful
enough or am I totally wrong.

Any help appriciated.

Regards

Joachim