[mythtv-users] mythtranscode and nuvexport (memory usage andswapping)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Aug 29 20:22:57 UTC 2005

> I understood the .nuv part that's not a .nuv for HD... But there is nothing
> that tells me in the software that this is not supported.
>  I think it does work for PS files, but not TS. I still have a problem with
> the defitions of PS vs TS. I guess the PS is that the TS has been demuxed
> and packets written out as a program stream (like a DVD).
>  Usually a TS is a transport stream with either all the transport are only
> the program you want. Where I called them SPTS and MPTS.

As I understand it, a TS is basically another layer of wrapper that can
contain multiple PS's.  Either multiple audio and video, or as is more
likely in the US with ATSC, one video and multiple audio.

It's theoretically fairly easy to demux the TS into its components, and
then remux the desired audio and video streams back into a single PS,
though I've never tried.

-Chris