[mythtv-users] frustrating comments about sample rates (what not to do)

Larry Symms lsymms at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 22:03:10 UTC 2005

I know the difference, the problem is, the user who doesn't go digging
through code would have no indication that changing the sample rate for
recording profiles of an mpeg device would have negative effects, which
aren't immediately obvious.  Why would I change the rate you ask?  The
default alsamixer settings for my audio card (which uses the Via Envy24
chipset) sets "multi track rate locking" to on, so I set the alsamixer
multi track sample rate to 44.1kHz so that it would work with TV and
music.  I changed the recording profile rates to 44.1kHz and didn't
realize there was a problem for a few weeks because this only happens
when watching recordings as they're recording or buffered live TV which
I do very rarely.