[mythtv-users] Wakeup Timer

Michael Vistein michael at vistein.de
Mon Aug 29 22:40:27 UTC 2005

Hallo,

Nigel Metheringham schrieb:
> nvram-wakeup adds in its own fudge factor (defined in the code) - it
> defaults to being 5 minutes (or 300 seconds).

Interesting. Now I know at least where it comes from.

>    title Power Down
> 	savedefault --default=2
> 	halt
>
> but on power up it sticks on the 0 entry (the power down).

I didn't succeed with this, too, grub simply didn't save the new default.

But I found a way that works:

in my menu.lst I have

default 1

so my linux kernel is the default boot option. In my mythshutdown script
I have

echo "savedefault --default=0 --once" | grub --batch

This sets the PowerOff (0) item only for the next boot. Any following
booting will again have the default from menu.lst. It works for me.

Michael