[mythtv-users] lirc_serial - All working fine accept IR LED.

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Aug 30 11:25:54 UTC 2005

> Hi guru's.
>
> Don't know where else to try. The lirc list looks a little quite.
>
> I'm enjoying my myth box so far, but just this one piece of the puzzle
> is driving me insane. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
>
> My setup
>
> External IR LED on a db9 female connector
> http://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/cable.php
>
> If I reverse the pins on the serial connector I get a light, so this
> means that there is power.
>
> I have a Hauppauge PVR-350. And the remote is working perfectly. So
> according to my understanding, I should be able to use the config to try
> and send via the serial IR.
>
> The problem I have is, when I try to send nothing happens on the IR LED.
> Everything else seems to work perfectly. No errors at all. I have no
> idea how to shoot this trouble any further. Is there anyone here with
> any ideas of what I can try next.
>
> Thanx a mil.

[snip]

I'm confused by the light that appears when you swap the cable round - is
it an IR LED or not? If it is it certainly shouldn't light up!!

I'd check with a visible (eg. red) LED first to make sure you get some
sort of flicker and then if you have a newish video camera, you'll find
that it can see IR and you can check the connections of the IR LED by
looking at it with that..

--
Robin Gilks