[mythtv-users] OT: HD-3000 QAM working for anyone?

Erik Pettersen pettersen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:19:25 UTC 2005

I had QAM working with my HD-3000 for unencrypted local HD cable channels.

I assume you're using the dvb drivers?  Do you have a way to determine
if the drops are in the recording, and not just symptoms of a
system/configuration struggling to playback these large/intense HD
files?

I suggest (for the sake of troubleshooting) recording something
without watching it preferrably outside of myth via command line, and
playing it back later outside of myth.

FWIW I used dvb-apps from http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs.php on a
knoppmyth install and found the following links/posts helpful for
testing:

http://www.xmission.com/~pchdtv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688
http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DigitalTelevisionDVB

http://www.byopvr.com  -- Build Your Own PVR Site