[mythtv-users] Why does the log report 'No PIDS set, please correct your channel setup.' ?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Aug 31 12:33:17 UTC 2005

David Watkins wrote:

>I got this error when I swapped channel numbers around (to get the
>channels to appear in a logical order on the program guide).
>
>I assumed that it was a problem with the 'startchannel' because when I
>fiddled with that also, my system started working again.
>Unfortunately I didn't record exactly what I was doing so there's a
>risk that something else I did caused the problem and fix.

Well in my case, it fixes itself, just by restarting. I don't have to
change anything.

However, I am aware of funny things happening with the startchannel.
Sometime back I ran into a bug where it seemed to lose the setup and go
back to the default (3).  I just changed it to another valid startup
channel, just in case.