[mythtv-users] Dvico MCE style remote + LIRC - looking for somone with a NORMAL(non-MCE) dvico remote to help.

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Wed Aug 31 13:27:03 UTC 2005

Hi All,

If you've got a "Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T" , keep reading...please!

I've modified the dvico driver (see latest attached patch) to support both
dvico remote types, but I want to make sure I haven't broken the support for
the original remote in so doing.   Specificially, I'm interested in knowing
if the original dvico remote generates 'event.hid' info with both 0x10046
AND 0x90001, or just with 0x10046 (the second option hopefully).

To test this, I need someone with the ORIGINAL (non-MCE) dvico remote to
help verify this by doing the following:
(it will require that your OS has all the usual development/compile stuff
installed, then...)

1) Check out the current lirc CVS code:
 cd ~
 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lirc login
 cvs -z8 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lirc co lirc
 cd lirc

2) apply the attached patch :
 cd ~/lirc/daemons
 patch < ~/dvico_mce_hiddev.diff
 cd ~/lirc

3) build lirc in debug mode (no installation required, so it won't mess-up
your existing lirc install):
 cd ~/lirc
 ./autogen.sh
 ./setup.sh
 # when prompted:
 #	choose 1(driver configuration)->
 #	8(USB devices)->
 #	DViCO USB Remote->OK->
 #	3(Save config and run configure)-> OK
 make
 DO NOT 'make install' - it's NOT required!

4) test the newly compiled lircd with:
 pkill lircd
 ./daemons/lircd -n --device=/dev/hiddev0  (in one window)
 irw (in another window)

 # (or wherever your linux puts the usb device it assigned to it, maybe
/dev/usb/hiddev0 )
 # then press a few random remote buttons and make sure you get output in
both windows, ctrl-c to stop.

5) email me the output from both windows :-)

6) cleanup:
 rm -rf ~/lirc
 (and restart your normal lircd - however you normally do that)

Much Thanks in advance......!

Buzz.