[mythtv-users] Playback stops and seg faults mythfrontend after 5-15 mins

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 18:35:08 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Rob Bongiovi <rbongiovi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm so frustrated by this, I forgot some other info:
>
> Running FC4 kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 with myth 0.18.1
> installed via ATRPMs. Have one PVR-500 and one PVR-150
> in the box using the latest at-testing ivtv drivers
> (0.3.7d). I can repeat this problem with both an
> nvidia FX5200 and FX5500 using the last two versions
> of the nvidia driver (7667 and 7676). I am running an
> Athlon XP 2900+ with 512meg of memory.

Rob,

Do you get the same problems when running xine from the command line
(i.e. not from within MythTV)? If you do, I'd bet it's an NVidia video
driver issue, rather than a MythTV issue. Maybe your xorg.conf might
shed some light on the problem.

Also make sure the video card is being cooled sufficiently.

Nick