[mythtv-users] dvb hdtv capture resolution limited to 720x480 in mythtv? DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Thu Dec 1 16:38:25 EST 2005

mrwester wrote:
 > However, when I go into recording profiles, the max I can set is
 > 720x480, thereby limiting me to digital SD on the card.

Those settings are not used for DVB recordings. Myth will record the raw
MPEG-2 stream in whatever format it is.

 > The digital DVB tuner however has black bars on the
 > sides.  Is this because only some programs are broadcast in widescreen
 > and the 4:3 aspect ratio shows are recorded this way and I've not
 > recorded a 16:9 show yet?

Try hitting "w" a couple of times in live tv (or a recording) and see
what happens? Or play a recording with xine or mplayer (possibly on
another computer) if you suspect Myth isn't doing the right thing.