[mythtv-users] myth2ipod on fedora core 3?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:49:49 EST 2005

On 12/2/05, Corey Helferich <jaco523 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a sneaking suspicion that santa may be bringing
> an ipod video for christmas this year. ;)
>
> i'm currently on fc3, but the documentation for
> myth2ipod only mentions knoppmyth or fc4.  i tried
> compiling ffmpeg with the options mentioned in the
> docs after installing faac and faac-devel, but the
> make failed.
>

> [mythtv]# ./configure --enable-xvid --enable-gpl
> --enable-faac
>
> { finishes successfully }
>
> [mythtv]# make
> .
> .
> .
> mpegvideo.c: In function `MPV_encode_picture':
> /root/ffmpeg/libavutil/common.h:551: sorry,
> unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'lrintf':
> redefined extern inline functions are not considered
> for inlining
> mpegvideo.c:2409: sorry, unimplemented: called from
> here
> make[1]: *** [mpegvideo.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
> make: *** [lib] Error 2
>

> Is anyone successfully running myth2ipod on fc3 or is
> an upgrade to fc4 in my future?
>
> thanks to all who have made myth what it is.
>
> --corey

I installed myth2ipod on fc3.
Did you install the faac and faac-devel rpms.
I think I had to install another package through apt-get, judging from your
error message it probably had something to do with mpeg.
I searched google on my error messages, it took me a few hours to figure it
out.
Too bad I didn't write it down.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.