[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion / discussion - record button behavior

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Dec 2 13:14:50 EST 2005

I don't think this would be all that necessary once the LiveTV Record
is changed such that hitting record will record the entire program
(pulling from buffer as needed). Why would you want to Record a later
showing if you've got it right now?

It would be cool to optionally have the scheduling screen pop up when
it starts recording that gives you the scheduling, storage, etc.
options so you can change it to whatever you need. I feel like it
should be configurable in your LiveTV settings if you want this
advanced option menu available after hitting Record. That way hitting
record and enter will have the current functionality when this option
is selected which isn't that much more trouble for the end user. With
it disabled, Record works the same as it does now.

Thank you, drive through.

-Brad