[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-T PCI and LIRC

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Mon Dec 5 17:05:41 EST 2005

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk wrote:
> On Sunday 04 December 2005 21:58, Graeme Hilton wrote:
> I've been happily using Myth (SVN checkouts every month or so) for about
>> 4 months.  My setup at the moment is as follows:
>>
>> Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T PCI (two of them)
>> AMD x86_64 system
>> Fedora Core 4 - all up to date
>> MythTV SVN revision 8053
>>
>> Has anyone had this happen to them?  Have you managed to solve the
>> problem and get your Hauppauge remote fully working?
>
> Yep, had me confused for a short while. The IR is recognised automatically,
> you'll find if you *don't* use lirc it'll still work (well the up/down/ok
> etc) with mythfrontend.
>
> What you need to do is use it with the dev/input driver[1], setup lirc to use
> driver dev/input and device /dev/input/event<event number> where <event
> number> is where the events are picked up. eg mine is /dev/input/event2 ,
> from the sound of it yours would be /dev/input/event0
>
> FWIW I'm running twin Nova-T's in a 2.8GHz P4 and Opensuse 10.0
>
> I've attached my lircd.conf for the Nova-T remote as well.
>
> HTH
>
> David
>
> [1] You may well have to recompile if you didn't include dev/input support
> ISTR I had to recompile but worth a try with the std rpms' first as that
> might just have been me trying different things.

Yay!  It's working!  I recompiled lirc with the --driver=devinput option
and started lircd with the command line 'lircd --driver=dev/input
--device=/dev/input/event0' then 'irxevent &'.

I've remapped a few of the buttons in /home/mythtv/.lircrc so they make
more sense to me and my GF.

Thanks for the hints. :)

--
Graeme Hilton